Books for School:
- Justo L. González. The Story of Christianity. Vol. 2, The Reformation to the Present Day.
- Tony Lane. A Concise History of Christian Thought.
- Mark A Noll. The Old Religion in a New World: The History of North American Christianity.
- William C. Placher. Readings in the History of Christian Theology. Vol. 2.
- Reynolds, Gabriel Said. The Emergence of Islam: Classical Traditions in Contemporary Perspective. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2012.
- Berkey, Jonathan. The Formation of Islam: Religion and Society in the Near East, 600-1800. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2003.
- Rippin, Andrew. Muslims: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices. London; New York: Routledge, 2011.
- Ibn Warraq, ed. What the Koran Really Says: Language, Text, and Commentary. Amherst, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 2002.Books for Church:
Books for my edification/enjoyment:
- The Wingfeather Saga, Andrew Peterson
- various puritans and fiction, whatever strikes my fancy while I’m in the reading chair.